Structural calculations are often required to support a Building Regulation Application and also for the builder to work from to ensure that any construction they undertake is structurally safe.
You will almost certainly require structural calculations for loft conversions, and even a small extension.
As Structural Engineers we use our experience to prepare appropriate designs and details. We design structures in timber, masonry, steel and reinforced concrete to the latest British and European Standards.
As part of our service, we can
- Visit the site to discuss and advise on proposals, carry out a measured survey, produce design drawings and the calculations to go with it
- Apply on your behalf for Building Regulation and Planning approval as appropriate
- Prepare specifications for the work required, obtain tender prices from known contractors and supervise the works through to completion
Examples of projects
- New builds
- Conversion of basement, garage or loft space
- Structural alterations to a property
- Retaining walls
- Roof modifications
- Industrial units
- Sports and Leisure facilities
- Swimming pools
All our design and specification work is carried out to the current
- British Standards and Codes of Practice
- Contract Design Management Regulations (CDM)
- Eurocodes (where applicable)