Not all cracking is due to subsidence, heave or landslip. Cracks can occur due to shrinkage, differing thermal properties of differing construction materials, corrosion in metals built into brittle materials and settlement especially in new buildings and extensions.
If your property is affected by cracking EAR Sheppard can help as follows:
- In completing a limited structural inspection and providing an initial written report on indicative cause
- In arranging necessary site investigations (to include a geotechnical report, a below ground drain condition survey, a check on the water supply/main, an arboricultural report, etc), reviewing investigation reports and preparing a Report Upon Cracking confirming cause
- In arranging and completing periodic crack width and level monitoring of the damaged area and building
- In designing and detailing superstructure repair and redecoration schemes and where required stabilization schemes such as underpinning or take down and rebuild
- In preparing Contract Schedules of Work and obtaining tender quotations
- In acting as Contract Administrator in the contract arranged with the successful builder and periodically inspecting work in progress