EAR Sheppard’s can provide attic/loft conversion services from design through to project managing the installation including building regulation approval where required.
Whether you are needing to create some additional living space in your home or you are wanting to convert wasted space into some more valuable floor space these are some of the considerations we could discuss with you when contemplating a loft conversion:
- We will asses the structural stability requirements of your idea.
- Options for installing a stair case which is often the most critical part of a successful loft conversion.
- Options for maximising headroom within the loft space available. We can survey your existing space and outline any options with the pros and cons.
- Advice on window options for maximising light.
- Sound proofing requirements for the new loft space.
- Ventilation in the loft. When creating habitable space it is important to ensure sufficient ventilation to ensure a comfortable temperature ambience throughout the year whilst avoiding condensation and the problems associated with that.
- Fire safety requirements for the loft conversion.
- Insulation considerations when converting a loft.
- Lighting of your loft.
- Is planning permission required for a loft conversion? A loft conversion is considered permitted development subject to specific conditions which we would review with your particular design.
- If you are a leaseholder the landlords consent will well be required.
- Requirements for a ‘Party wall agreement’ If your home is attached.
- Sourcing a quality builder with experience in loft conversions.